Finding My Happy

Finding My Happy
Finding My Happy

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Look the World Straight in the Eye

My first goal (get a job at Kootenai Health) has been fulfilled! I have a new hire appointment on the 10th, then I start general orientation on the 23rd. I'll be getting a $2 raise ($3 if I work weekends), insurance is covered, and I get 22% off my phone bill. I'm hoping with this job I can finally afford my own place.



This job's benefits are going to make it easier to fulfill goal #2 (save $1000). For now it has to go on hold. I had to buy new scrubs since KH requires certain colored scrubs, and I have to buy books for school that starts on Monday. With that and bills, I'm not left with anything to put away. Hopefully I don't don't go over again this pay check.

This job will also help with goal #3 (reach 180lbs by the end of the year). KH offers a discount to Peak Health & Wellness (I'll be able to take the Body & Soul class again, and try running again). I've got two workout buddies, three if I can convince my best friend (who also works at KH) to get her membership back.
Being broke proves challenging when it comes to dieting. I have $70 max to last me 2 weeks. This will mean a lot of repeat meals, and nothing exciting.


Yesterday I went grocery shopping. My Best Friend was with me. She's pretty good with frugal grocery shopping, but mostly I didn't want her to see me buy junk food, so her being there prevented that.
I'm single with no kids, so buying fresh produce usually means it will go bad before I eat it. Frozen foods are a single girl's friend. Maybe not the most healthy, but preservatives have never cause me harm before. Don't get me wrong, I am not promoting preservatives. If I could afford organic fresh produce, I would. For now, I need to work with my very low budget and horrible spending habits.
So today I bought frozen vegetables and chicken for dinners (I have some fish too), bread and crackers for lunches, and sausage and eggs and oatmeal for breakfast. I also have some granola bars for snacks. I may need to go back and get some apples and oranges, for snacks.
Now I have the challenge of sticking to eating just that food and not going out and buying more when I don't feel like cooking (which is all the time).

Hopefully as soon as I fill out my paperwork and get my KH badge I can get my gym membership back. I can't wait to get back to Body&Soul class and Zumba Rave. I'm even eager to try running again on the treadmill.
Monday is the first weigh-in for Nutrishop's Jump Start Challenge. I've gained a lot in the last year. I'm almost to where I was in High School (my peak weight). Bright side? It's a lot easier to lose weight the more you weigh. So, I have a better chance of getting 1st place. Granted, I doubt I'll be the only obese one there.

Goals #1 is complete, #2 is well underway. #3 is going to take some time. Hopefully KH makes it easier to put money away. So far so good on #4 and #5, and I purchased a book titled "Outlining your Novel Workbook" by K.M. Weiland to help get me going on #6. It's similar to another book I use called "Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook" by Donald J Maas, except this one is directed more towards the beginning stages ($3.99 on Amazon Kindle)School starts next week. I dropped two classes so I could afford books, so that should free up some time to work on my novel. I'm still getting the classes I want to be done with out of the way (math and speech).

It's been a rough start to the year, depression is kicking my ass, but things are looking up.


Best of luck on your goals. Don't let the bad times get you down.

"Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye." - Helen Keller



No comments:

Post a Comment